I have spent long hours minutes thinking of songs to load on my IPOD shuffle. Listening to songs will make the run more bearable and help me maintain a rhythm. I have decided to script the first 20 songs and then goto shuffle mode. I then will go back to script when I reach mile 22 (hills).
Here’s my first ten songs on my IPOD for Sunday……..
- Bittersweet Symphony (slow, rhythmic start)
- The Weight (The Band)
- Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi)
- Estranged (Guns N Roses) ….This will be a transition song to a faster, constant pace
- Subterranean Homesick Blues (Bob Dylan)
- Comin’ from los Angeles (Arlo Guthrie)
- Thunderstruck (ACDC)
- For Those About to Rock (ACDC)
- Mr. Crowley (Ozzy)….at Lori’s request
- She Sells Sanctuary (The Cult)
I have about 170 more songs on the IPOD. When I hit shuffle on the device I will get a heavy dose of ACDC, Metallica, Moby, and Alice and Chains.
I will switch back to playlist on the IPOD at mile 22 and begin listening to Rage Against the Machine. I’m hoping for adrenaline and motivation to fuel me through the last 4.2 miles of hills. I’ll let you know if it works. Am I overanalyzing things? Sure. But it gave me a reason to mess with ITunes.
If you think i’ve left an important song or artist off the list….let me know.